The number of job vacancies now available in the construction industry is back to pre-pandemic levels, according to the December figures released from the Office for National Statistics.
Builders Merchant News reports that there are 26,000 vacancies currently available within the sector, which is a 43 per cent increase since the last quarter. The construction industry is one of only three UK industries that has witnessed an increase in vacancies overall compared to the same period in 2019.
Nearly 1,000 of the current vacancies have been uploaded to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy funded Construction Talent Retention Scheme, a government-backed recruitment scheme, launched by construction industry groups and businesses.
A national portal for construction jobs and free to access for employers and candidates, which is straightforward to search, view and apply for jobs.
If you’re seeking a dream job in the construction industry, here are 10 ways to help secure it.
- Make sure your CV is up to date and explains why you’re suitable for that job
- Get free information, advice and guidance from the National Careers Service, including tips on great CVs
- Ask family or friends to proofread your CV and provide some objective feedback
- Review your social media profiles and make sure they show you in your best light
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, update that too
- Find any certificates, accreditations or proof of qualifications you may need
- Join relevant job boards including the Construction TRS
- Set up alerts so you’ll be told when interesting roles are advertised
- Follow Construction Talent Retention Scheme on Facebook for regular updates
- Don’t hesitate to apply for the roles that interest you – get in early.
Sarah Beale, Chief Executive of the Construction Industry Training Board, said: “With the level of Government investment in infrastructure, new homes and retrofitting for reducing carbon, we are expecting a big recruitment drive in the New Year. There’s a wide range of opportunities available – so get registered and be the first to see them.”
If you need winter work wear for your new job in construction, visit our online store today.